Deliveries can be more complicated in the pharmaceutical industry. There are specific requirements for packaging products to prevent damage and contamination. There are licenses, permits and special equipment required. Temperature control is also vital in packaging, shipping, and storing so that pharmaceutical goods are kept fresh and avoid damage from any heat-induced chemical reaction. Proper documentation is required for all goods, since they are controlled and monitored carefully by the government. At YYZ Logistics, our delivery associates are trained and prepared for any industry, opportunity, and challenge.
YYZ Logistics meets all OCP’s requirements
With so much to consider and so much at stake, you need a carrier that can provider smart solutions for your important pharmaceutical products. YYZ Logistics is an experienced licensed pharmaceutical service provider that understands the industry’s requirements and regulations for transporting, and delivering. All YYZ delivery associates are trained and are all equipped with the appropriate equipment, always.
We work with you to develop a pharmaceutical delivery schedule and route that fits your business needs based on destination and time sensitivity. The highest level of security is provided when transporting and delivering your goods to their end destination, whether it is a pharmacy, doctor’s office, hospital, or any requested location. YYZ Logistics ensures all documentation is complete and compliant through every stage of the process. There is no need to worry about damage or contamination to your goods, since climate control and other packaging, transport and storage requirements are all built into our pharmaceutical courier services. YYZ Logistics ensures government compliance with:
A) Deliveries of Schedule I drugs:
1) Requires a signature for receipt of the drug by patient or patient’s agent at the time of receipt.
2) A waiver cannot be signed in advance to request that the prescription delivery be left unattended on the premises (i.e., in a mailbox, between the doors, etc.)
4) Signature is required unless there is a valid reason for not signing.
5) Documentation of the circumstances leading to delivery without a signature is mandatory. Documentation should reference the identification viewed by the delivery agent, and it is permitted to have the patient sign with an ‘x’ with the delivery agent witnessing the mark. This should be the exception and not the norm.
C) Patient’s Agent
6) Specified in advance by the patient to accept and sign for their prescriptions
7) Delivery person cannot be the patient’s agent as they are the agent for the pharmacy
D) Long Distance Deliveries
8) Operational arrangements should be made prior to deliveries to ensure patient or agent will be available to accept delivery.
E) Audible and Traceable
9) Members and the pharmacy are responsible for the medication and personal health information until it is received by the patient or designated agent.
10) Deliveries should be sent directly from the pharmacy to the patient. Any stops or delays along the way should be with the knowledge and approval of the pharmacist. If a delivery attempt is unsuccessful, members are responsible for the ongoing audibility, traceability, integrity, and security of drug products until the delivery reaches the patient or is returned to the pharmacy.
11) Signed receipts should be returned to the pharmacy or available electronically, to ensure audibility.
F) Record Keeping
12) Members should ensure the authenticity of patient or agent signatures on the delivery records
13) Delivery records do not need to be kept beyond 3 months and should be destroyed in a manner that protects the privacy and confidentiality of the patient.
(Additional Resources) Requirements under the Narcotic Safety and Awareness Act:
Emergency & Scheduled Pharmaceutical Deliveries
In emergency situations where pharmaceutical products must be delivered or picked up immediately, our rush service ensures your item is picked up and/or delivered without any stops in-between. Many clients choose our same day delivery service for last-minute goods needed within a 24 hour window. Another option YYZ supports is if you regularly need pharmaceutical delivery services, you may want to consider our scheduled pick-up and delivery service to receive discounted/volume pricing.
Finally, when you choose YYZ Logistics as your pharmaceutical delivery service provider you have piece of mind knowing we provide:
100% on Time Deliveries | Online Tracking | Performance Reports | Proactive Notification of Challenges | Customer Obsession